ART HANDLERS / DRIVERS / CREW CHIEFS
We have several positions available for full time Art Handlers and Drivers/Art Handlers, and Experienced Crew Chiefs with expert art installation, packaging and customer service skills to join our team of art logistics professionals.
We are growing rapidly and are looking to expand our team. We offer a great working environment, skilled co-workers, highly competitive wages and a generous benefit package including: 401K, solid medical, dental and vision.
– Installation of artworks in a safe and efficient manner
– Packing and handling artwork for delivery
– Loading and offloading artworks
– Drivers will operate company vehicles to safely deliver product to customers
– Reviews all paperwork to insure complete and accurate deliveries
– Communicates with Dispatch via cell phone timely information concerning deliveries
– Maintains all required paperwork i.e. truck log, top-sheets, bills of lading of jobs in progress
– Provides friendly, quality professional service to clients and customers
– Willingness to be trained by others in proper and safe fine art installation, packing and transportation techniques
– 2+ years of art handling experience in an art shipping organization, museum, and/or gallery
– Commercial truck driving experience for those applying for driving positions
– Must be willing and capable to work a flexible schedule
– Ability to identify and troubleshoot issues on-site in realtime
– Ability to follow very detailed instructions and specific protocols to maintain safety of artwork and co-workers
– Experience in handling art works, knowledge of fixings, hanging systems, art transport, packing/storage
– Awareness/understanding of various hanging techniques for 2-D artworks
– Knowledge of packing materials and methods specific to fine art transportation and storage
– Physical ability required in lifting/moving artworks
– Ability to work as part of a team; good communication skills
– Must be able to stand for long periods of time
– Must be able to lift 50-60 lbs sustained and up to 100 lbs
– Ability to drive Sprinter vans small box trucks, 26’ box truck driving experience a plus
– High School Diploma or GED equivalent, college degree preferred
– Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
– Requires each incumbent to complete and pass STA application and verification.
– Requires background check, employment physical, performance evaluation (lifting test)
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday.
Qualified applicants please email us your cover letter and resume.